©2024 ECSTATIC DANCE
Kalani Ecstatic Dance
There are several guidelines for Ecstatic Dance.
As “guidelines”, these are not hard and fast “rules”. They are meant to be guiding principles for co-creating the “container” of Ecstatic Dance.
Note, they are all equally important and are interchangeable in their order.
- Keeping the space talk free (except in emergencies)
- Taking responsibility for ourselves and our own safety (also agreed upon when signing in)
- Contribute to the sustainability of Ecstatic Dance, financially and in other ways we can
- Developing awareness of ourselves as individuals, as well as members of a group
- Developing awareness of the needs of the group, being self aware, careful, and considerate, not taking photos/video, also getting consent to dance with others
- Taking care of the space, adhering to the house/venue rules, only wearing non-marking dance shoes if needed, cleaning up after ourselves