©2023 ECSTATIC DANCE
ECSTATIC DANCE BERLIN ∞ GLOBAL CROSS-POLLINATION
Online Ecstatic Dance
We are super excited to have just confirmed our very Special Surprise Guest for next Saturday: is our privilege and rare opportunity to have SOOHAN DJ an ecstatic dance for us!
SOOHAN is one of our all time favorite Dance Music Producers!
You will hear at 1-2 tracks of SOOHAN in pretty much every Ecstatic Dance DJ set across Europe & beyond! This is made possible by Soohan’s immense kind hearted generosity and the vagaries of Corona! He usually is busy headlining big festivals!
You surely remember this track for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eEq8NewJwA
The idea of this intentionally global Ecstatic Dance is to cross-pollinate ecstatic dance communities from both sides of the Atlantic and introduce you to our most beloved DJs from either side that you might not have had a chance to dance with, yet! 🙂
==> REGISTER to get access to for the video & audio links at https://bit.ly/SOOHAN-EcstaticDance <==
Suggested Donation: €5-20 please give as much as you can, especially for SOOHAN! Artists in the US are hard hit with little to no support at all!
If you cannot, please just come! Especially in these times of social isolation.
Remember: Giving opens the Portals of Receiving. Proceeds will be split between the DJ and Ecstatic Dance Berlin.
1. You’ll automatically be muted when you enter the room (we’ll give you the opportunity to unmute your mic only after the session at 1pm)
2. Turn your video ‘on’. The overall energy and vibe of the group is so much better if we can all see each other!
3. Use the chatbox to introduce yourself and greet your fellow dancers between 7.45 and 8pm / 10.45 and 11am.
4. Choose ‘Gallery view’ so you can see everyone in the room, not just the DJ or facilitator.
5. During the dance, you can invite other dancers for a duet by inviting them by chat and pinning each others video.
6. Please move, dance, do not only spectate. Ecstatic Dance is a practice, not a show.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
– Download Zoom before your first time using it: zoom.us/download
– Recommended: Have the music link coming from one device, and the Zoom link coming from a different device.
– Plug your music device into your sound system!
– Give yourself plenty of time to get acquainted with Zoom (video and audio settings).
– Arrive on time to get settled in.
– If you have many devices connected to the Wi-Fi network, it is more likely that there will be interruptions.
– Best audio quality for the main set is at Twitch.tv/soohanradio.
(- to mute zoom during the main set click on the microphone icon on the lower left & check leave computer audio
– to rejoin just click the icon again.)
– If you participate from your phone or tablet, just use Zoom for both video & sound.
We can’t wait to see and dance with you there!
Vesica & the Ecstatic Dance Team
Dance Event Link
Ecstatic Dance – 3 Simple Guidelines
1. We Dance without shoes (or: We Dance Barefoot)
This allows us to connect more fully with the Ground (socks are OK)
If you have a physical condition that you need dance shoes, then OK
2. We Dance without words (or: We Dance with Body Language)
This makes it easier to be in a Meditative State
No Verbal Instruction from the Facilitators
No Talking from the Dancers
3. We Dance as We Are
No Drugs/Alcohol, No Phones, No Camera/Video, No Scents, No Expectations, No Judgements, No Shoulds, No Oughts… Just Be Yourself; With Respect for Ourselves, the Space, and One Another.