© 2020 ECSTATIC DANCE
London's Sunday morning Ecstatic Dance!
Every Sunday in Hackney Wick
Music, movement + mindfulness
10.00 Doors open + Warm-up music
10.30 Opening circle
11.00 Ecstatic Dance
12.45 Sound healing + Closing circle
13.00 Lunch (optional)
Ecstatic Dance UK is a conscious dance events company based in London. Our mission is to create a safe, sacred space for people to come and express themselves through movement, regardless of age, gender, background or social status. We aim to make Ecstatic Dance more accessible to everyone, especially those who think dance is 'not for them'. We believe dancing is a form of therapy and can help us connect to ourselves and to others. We embrace inclusivity, freedom of expression, openness and positivity. Come and dance with us!
80 Eastway, London E9 5JH
£10 Early Bird, £12.50 Advance, £15 On the door
ED is a type of free-form dancing inviting people to connect to themselves and to others through music and movement. It takes places over a 2-hour live DJ set and starts and finishes with a short opening and closing circle led by a Ceremony Leader. There are no teacher or rules, but we ask you to follow a few guidelines:
1. No talking. ED is a silent practice -you are welcome to communicate with others with your body language, but please keep words outside the space.
2. No shoes. Barefoot dancing helps us ground ourselves by creating direct contact between our feet and the floor. ED is best practiced barefoot but you can also wear socks if you wish to.
3. No drugs/alcohol. ED is a conscious practice embracing mindfulness.
4. Phone-free zone. Please keep your phones off/silent and out of sight.
5. Respect of self and other. We ask participants to take responsability for themselves, but also to watch out for others and be mindful of their personal space.