©2023 ECSTATIC DANCE
Ecstatic Dance Miami
Our dances are organized mostly as monthly special events. Check our website for detailed information on upcoming dances: www.estacticdancemiami.com
Ecstatic Dance has been created as a safe container, for radical self exploration, catharsis, devotional expression and the development of authentic human connections.
Whether you’re dancing alone or with others please consider the following:
- Move however you wish, being aware of your own space and the one of others.
- Respect yourself and one another.
- Refrain from talking on the dance floor. Take your conversations out to the vendors/social area.
- Please respect others sensitivities: Refrain from taking photos, video, and using scents.
- Ecstatic Dance is a No shoes, No booze, No smoke – Drug & Alcohol Free environment.
Ecstatic Dance is contact-friendly, but keep in mind that we all have different levels of comfort, at different times, when it comes to being approached and touched. Many people dance in their own space, and others share their space with another. To engage in a dance with someone, use your sensitivity: Where are they at? Are they open to connect or sharing their space with me? Mirror movements, offer a hand, a brush by, an eye contact, and see & feel how they respond.
Please be mindful and make sure the way you approach other dancers is resonant with them. If you’d rather not dance with someone, or are ending a dance with someone, simply thank them by placing your hands in prayer position at your heart with a Namaste sign.
If you find yourself in one of those moments of feeling disconnected, slow down, stay out of your mind, look inside, feel yourself and let the dance start from that place of inner stillness. All true connection comes always from the inside out.
If you have any concerns or feedback please approach one of the facilitators. Thank you.