© 2020 ECSTATIC DANCE
Ecstatic Dance London Outdoor Silent Disco & Cacao: SUNSET SESSIONS
Outdoor Ecstatic Dance Session with Silent-Disco Headphones Plus *Cacao Ceremony! Dance on the Earth and beneath the Sky! Weather permitting.
Weekly WED, FRI 6:15PM-8:30PM
Please register on Eventbrite.
Wed, 15 Sept
Fri, 17 Sept
Sat, 18 Sept – we usually dance indoors but this time we will be outdoors 🙂
Wed, 22 Sept (Autumn Equinox – Full Moon)
Fri, 24 Sept – NO DANCE, SORRY
Wed, 19 Sept
Fri, 1 Oct
Wed, 6 Oct (New Moon)
Fri, 8 Oct
Wed, 13 Oct
Fri, 15 Oct
Wed, 20 Oct (Full Moon)
(Complimentary Raw Vegan Cacao for all dancers!)
No booze, No Shoes, No Chit Chat, Move However You Wish!!
An evening of unfacilitated free-style ecstatic dance with the pioneers of ecstatic dance in the UK since 2009
Ecstatic Dance London!
We love to dance. We love music. We love to inspire, to connect, to heal and transform!
MUSIC – MOVEMENT – COMMUNITY!
-There will be no dance teacher or guidance, just pure music! We’ll let the music, the community and our own inner space direct our steps, our movements, our expression, our journey.
-You and your awesome friends are invited to join us for weekly freestyle, expressive dance & moving meditation classes. An Evening of Ecstatic Dance with No Alcohol, No Drugs – Just Music, Amazing Rhythms and Cacao!
-Our Ecstatic Dance classes create a safe and respectful environment that embraces ‘all ways’. We offer a movement practice that supports your free expression of emotions and inner space through movement and music.
-Our intention for these Ecstatic Dance classes is self-exploration, connection, fun, healing, expanding human potential and community building through freestyle ecstatic dance.
-No experience necessary. Move your Body, unleash the wild dancing self, claim your freedom, open your heart & touch the infinite!
-Let’s dance together OUTDOORS!
£10-£15 Low waged
Children under the age of 9 can join for free (limited availability) Parents with children are welcome! However, we ask that you register a free ticket for your child/children as we cannot provide extra headsets on location. We ask that there is at least 1 adult per child. Adults need to book a ticket.
Online bookings only, no spaces on the door due to limited headphones.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
1. Next-level, conscious, inspiring electronic dance music
2. A beautiful, sacred, heartful and fun dance journey
3. A safe space for you to dance freely in
4. Vibrant people who love to dance and love music!
ABOUT THE MUSIC:
“Enlightened Electro, World Beat, Deep House and Downtempo Bliss, plus a few surprises slipped in for good measure! Ecstatic Music Journeys for Conscious Movement and Sacred Celebration.”
WHY CACAO & ECSTATIC DANCE?
Cacao is the ultimate heart opener, it will give you energy, revitalise your BodyMind inviting you to express, release & unleash your creativity during the dance! Join us to explore Cacao + Ecstatic Dance as a potent synthesis for Transformation! Release what no longer serves you, and invite in what you want more of in your life!
ABOUT DJ AND FACILITATOR:
◈ Sessions are facilitated and DJed by Seth Newman, Seth is the pioneer of Ecstatic Dance in the UK, who started Ecstatic Dance journeys with his band Urubu & Ecstatic Dance London in 2009 and has been running conscious dance classes & events as well as various body-mind integration classes and workshops for many years.
◈ His inspiration for these classes come from many sources including Humanistic & Body Psychotherapy, the Human Potential Movement, 5 Rhythms, Active meditations and from the teachings of the Indian Mystic Osho whom he grew up with in India in the 1970s. Seth brings a wealth of experience holding heart-centered spaces.
ECSTATIC DANCE PRACTICE SPECIFICS:
Warm-up: stretch, move/dance and reflect on the intention for the dance to a gentle sound wave.
The Practice: freestyle dancing to a large sound wave featuring Live DJ set with our resident DJ Seth Newman. Some guidance & facilitation will be provided. And then we will let the music, the community and our own inner space direct our steps, our movements, our expression, our journey.
Relaxation: Ecstatic Dance usually ends with a relaxation or we might continue dancing depending on the weather.
“Our bodies instinctively know what feels good or bad, right or wrong. However, often our heads get in the way. Ecstatic Dance is about finding our way through to what feels good. How can we use dance to consciously transform towards finding joy, without denying our anger or sadness? Ask yourself: what’s my body feeling in this moment? Does it feel good moving this way, or that? Does it feel nourishing to dance with another, or dance solo? Where do I most feel connected with Self? Let your body lead the way.” ~ Abigail Harris
1. No talking during the dance. When we dance without the chitchat, something alchemical can happen on the dancefloor. A unified field of Being emerges and we feel both wild and free, contained within ourselves and connected to something much, much greater than our individual selves.
2. Drug-Free, Smoke-Free, Alcohol-Free environment
3. No photos or videos, Mobile phones muted and out of sight
4. Care/Awareness for the co-created space and each other
5. Move your body however you wish
6. No spectating. Stay connected to your own body, sensations, emotions, and feelings. Ecstatic Dance is about you and your relationship to the Dance. Dancers feel uncomfortable when being spectated at. Come prepared to Dance yourself free from inhibitions without caring what others think.
7. You can dance alone, or with as many partners as (you) like to join. (If you’d rather not dance with someone, thank them for the offer by placing your hands in prayer position at your heart – Namaste.)
8. Dance without shoes (barefoot) of course – weather permitting.
This allows us to connect more fully with the ground. Or wear comfortable shoes/boots suitable for outdoor dancing.