© 2020 ECSTATIC DANCE
Ecstatic Dance Frome
Ecstatic Dance Frome
Every Last Monday of the Month
@ Selwood Academy, Frome, BA11 2EF
2hrs of Music and Movement and Mindfulness, held by Pixi Pete
Music Starts @ 7.30pm
Opening circle @ 7.50pm
Ecstatic Dance @ 8.00pm
Closing circle @ 9.20pm
Ecstatic Dance Frome invites you just as you are, to move to be free, to express, to create, to connect and have fun. Join the space to go inside and express outside, to move in and out with the music carefully and expertly curated by the Facilitator.
Pixi has been Djing in the Ecstatic Dance scene for many years, curating countless journeys, running conscious dance events and brining dance floors to life all over the U.K. Crafting his own unique live style adding live drumming and percussion to add extra layers and energy to the journey.
WHAT IS ECSTATIC DANCE?
ED is a free-movment dance practice, inviting people to connect to themselves and to others through music and movement. A live DJ set will start and finish with a short opening and closing circle. There is no instruction, here your body is the teacher and the music your guide.
1. No talking! Ecstatic Dance is a silent practice -you are welcome to communicate with others with your body language, but please keep words outside the space.
2. No shoes (unless special and necessary). Barefoot dancing helps us ground ourselves by creating direct contact between our feet and the floor. Ecstatic Dance is best practiced barefoot but you can also wear socks if you wish to.
3. No drugs/alcohol. Ecstatic Dance is a conscious practice embracing mindfulness.
4. Phone-free zone. Please keep your phones off/silent and out of sight.
5. Respect of self and other. We ask participants to take responsibility for themselves, but also to watch out for others and be mindful of their personal space.
-Bring a water bottle to Refill and drink from.
-Dress Comfortably, loose, light and comfortable clothing is recommended. Maybe a change of top if you sweat alot.
-Ecstatic Dance music is eclectic and will vary through many genres. An ecstatic journey usually consists of “Waves” rising and falling gently using a variety of Live, Acoustic and electronic Music from round the world.
-Bring a blanket if desired to cover yourself with if you wish to lie down during the sound journey at the end.
-This is a child friendly event, though there will be no child care. Well behaved children are welcome and we ask you to please be mindful of your child/children during the dance that they are not disrupting others.
(Under 8’s Dance for free. Under 18 Half price.)
Selwood Academy has a very nice sprung wooden floor perfect for dancing barefoot on. With a space to hold 80 dancers comfortably. There will be an Alter set up with cards and as a place for meditation/reflection if desired.
We look forward to dancing with you!
Ecstatic Dance – 3 Simple Guidelines
1. We Dance without shoes (or: We Dance Barefoot)
This allows us to connect more fully with the Ground (socks are OK)
If you have a physical condition that you need dance shoes, then OK
2. We Dance without words (or: We Dance with Body Language)
This makes it easier to be in a Meditative State
No Verbal Instruction from the Facilitators
No Talking from the Dancers
3. We Dance as We Are
No Drugs/Alcohol, No Phones, No Camera/Video, No Scents, No Expectations, No Judgements, No Shoulds, No Oughts… Just Be Yourself; With Respect for Ourselves, the Space, and One Another.