© 2020 ECSTATIC DANCE
We dance together every Sunday morning, one Friday each month, and other special events. Please check our website calendar for the DJ, Yoga teacher, and any schedule changes.
All ages are welcome. No dance moves to learn. Arrive and leave when you like.
Sunday Morning Dance Schedule:
We begin each event with an optional Yoga warm-up class from 9:30am to 10:30am.
10:30am: Mellow music for arrival, warm-up, and stretching
10:55: Brief welcome
11am-12:30pm: Main DJ set
12:30-12:45pm: Singing Bowl Meditation and Closing Circle
Every Sunday and One Friday a Month + Events
Odd Fellows Hall, 223 SW 2nd St, Corvallis, OR 97333
$12-20 (Sliding Scale), $7 for Students (with ID), Free for Children 12 or younger
Before You Arrive:
- Be clean. Please arrive fresh with a clean body and clothes, as some of us are sensitive to any scented products (including essential oils) or strong body odors.
- Be clear-minded. We dance free of alcohol and illegal substances.
- Leave your shoes and smartphones off the dance floor. And please leave any valuables at home or safely hidden in your car. (Note: If you need shoes for foot health, we welcome soft-soled shoes that have not been worn outside.)
- Dress to sweat. All genders keep a top on.
Holding a Safe and Sacred Space:
- Dance and move however you feel it. There's no right or wrong way to be ecstatic!
- Be curious, open, and accepting. Please suspend judgements of self or other.
- Refrain from talking on the dance floor or in the shoe area. Take all conversations out to the lobby or outdoors
- Move with care and awareness through the space. Help us avoid collisions on the dance floor.
- Be mindful of others’ personal boundaries. Ecstatic Dance is very contact-friendly, but we all have different levels of comfort when it comes to being approached and touched.
- We are a consent-based community. Only give attention or contact to whom enthusiastically welcomes it. Get secondary consent before lifting someone.
- Turn off your cell phone or put it in airplane mode. Cell phone use is a distraction to the other dancers, even in the shoe area.
- No taking pictures or video. Photography tends to take people out of their deep experience and is a breach of privacy.